Our 30-minute Parent & Tot program is a component of the PreCanSkate program and is suitable for skaters ages 3+ with little to no skating experience. The program allows skaters to begin their skating journey with their parent/adult accompanying them on the ice. Lessons will focus on the 8 essential skills needed to move safely and effectively on the ice and ready them for Stage 1 of our CanSkate program. Lessons are taught in a group format by our NCCP Skate Canada Professional Coaches together with volunteer Program Assistants. Visual aids, props and music are incorporated into our sessions to motivate skaters.
Parent (or adult 18+) joining skaters on the ice must have sufficient skating level to effectively skate on their own and support their skater if necessary and must wear a CSA approved helmet on coach recommendation if skating skills do not meet minimum.
- REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS for Parent & Tot - a little tricky!
- Register your Tot first
- Be sure to choose Parent & Tot (TOT Registration) and ensure your Tot is named as Participant
- Once this item is added to your cart, you will see the following message: Your item has been added to your cart, but you may not be able to proceed with your checkout because: This prevents you from completing your Tot’s registration until you have registered the insurance for the Parent who will be on the ice
- Close the screen – it will take you back to Programs
- Choose Parent & Tot (PARENT Registration) Close the screen
- Choose Add New Participant (this is the parent who will be on the ice)
- Choose View Cart – you should now be able to complete your registration
Attire & Skates
All skaters must wear a CSA approved helmet-bike helmets & ski helmets are not permitted. Face masks are not required, but are highly recommended for skaters at the this level.
Mittens, light splash pants or snow pants, and layers with a warm sweater or jacket are suggested.
Hockey skates or figure skates (new or used)- with strong ankle support. Avoid the plastic "ski boot" type skate, as the buckles tend to pop open when skaters fall, and they do not allow for the bending of ankles needed for developing power and speed.
2021/2022 Season Schedule
Schedule will be available soon!
Season starts in SEPTEMBER
Note: The required $45 insurance fee per skater and parent/adult is payable once per season and will not be charged on any subsequent registrations during the 2020-2021 season (Sept 1-Aug 31)